Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's

I used to throw New Year's Eve parties. Well, I used to throw a whole bunch of parties, for whatever occasion. For a while, I had a party season that I did, eight or ten theme parties in a year. But no matter the year, there was always a party on December 31st.

A few years ago I fell in love and moved out of the party house that I had lived in for a dozen or so years. And that was the end of it. All the NYE parties were done. I think there was one the year after, hosted by the last remaining roommate of my tenure and some other people I barely knew. Maybe I'm inventing that? But I'm entirely out of the NYE thing now. I never did go to bars before I threw parties, so I don't want to do that, and I'm rather a homebody these days, and so...last night, I went to bed by 11 pm, after having champagne at 10 while pretending it was midnight.

It's a weird change, but it's pretty relaxing, I have to admit.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment