Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Time is already here



I haven't posted in a couple of weeks; novel writing doesn't take up that much time, really, but it takes up enough, and when you're using your words for one thing you get stingy with others. Two weeks is plenty long for silence though.

These are my inlaw dachshunds, running around on their little legs in the frost like bosses.
(Photo Credit: Troy Turner)
We went away for Thanksgiving as we do each year, over to Eastern Washington to a nice, friendly house outside of a little town called Davenport. My husband's family get together, with a lot of food and wine and snacks and cold, in this case represented by hoarfrost all over everything, turning the world pale and white and slightly frightening.

But because it's December 1st and we're home, today is the day Christmas starts to appear in our house. We haven't got a tree yet, and won't for a couple weeks probably, but decorations have seeped out of the closet and into the apartment: lights and reindeer, stockings and cheer of all sorts. Adam watched his favorite Christmas movie, and I'm about to have some soy nog, and we're listening off and on to holiday music. Pretty much festive pretty much all the time.

I don't mind, because Christmas is my favorite holiday, and having it stretch out in bits and pieces over a month is delightful.

If you're getting your house ready about this time, I hope you have fun with it. I've got to get back to the writing, but I'll try to stay away less long.

No comments:

Post a Comment