Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Big Day

Today is the day. The culmination of roughly two years of negotiating, editing, waiting, rewriting, waiting, planning, waiting, thinking, waiting, and waiting. Today is the day you can go out into the world and buy Engines of the Broken World. It's been a long time coming, but I'm very happy with the end result.

Also today: I'll be working a shift at the kid's desk at the University Book Store's main branch in Seattle, from 10-4. Not my first time at that particular rodeo, but I don't normally spend much time in the kid's department, so this will be...interesting.

And then tonight, at 7 pm, I'll be doing a reading at that very same store, not more than 50 feet from where I will have previously been badly recommending books.

2 comments:

  1. Picked up your novel at my local library today. The title totally caught my imagination. This year, I'm reading only debut novels. Glad to have come across yours. On chapter four. Very enjoyable this far ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of it, and every time I think "It's in libraries" I get really excited.

    ReplyDelete